Legal Billings Clerk
£20,000 - £25,000
Our client is a multi-sited law firm with offices in London, Essex, Surrey, Kent, Sussex, West Sussex and Somerset, who are continuing to grow. They currently have 75 Partners, 167 qualified Solicitors and 292 Fee Earners (including Trainees and Paralegals). Their mission is to make quality legal services accessible to everyone. They aspire to have more specialist solicitors, in more areas of law, in more offices, on more high streets, speaking more languages and accessible in more ways than any other firm in the country. The firm are now looking to recruit a Billings Clerk for their Crime and Extradition department.
Although your work will cover Crime and Extradition matters, you will be working in their East Croydon office, working closely with a member of the finance team.
Main responsibilities for this role are:
- Preparing CRM6’s, CRM7’s, CRM11’s, LF1’s, LF2’s, AF1’s and AF2’s
- Preparing ex post facto bills (e.g. Section 36 appointments or confiscation bills)
- Monthly submissions to the Legal Aid Agency
What you will need?
- Previous experience working as a Billings Clerk
- Experience with Legal Aid billing
- Good knowledge of reading client ledgers
- A keen eye for detail
- Must be IT literate
- Knowledge of the regulations regarding aspects of Criminal bills (Criminal Bills Assessment manual)
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or other opportunities in the market then contact Matthew Heard at email@example.com or call for a confidential discussion on 02084642565 (office hours) or 07887523228 (out of office hours).
LR Legal is a specialist legal recruitment agency with a reputation based on trust and integrity. We will always ask your permission before sending your CV to any of our Clients.
The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE.
LR Legal Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.