My client is a leading and innovative regional law and consultancy firm based in the South East. They are looking for an experienced Paralegal to join their busy Commercial Property department and will be based in their West Sussex office.
Their specialist Property Services team is developing an enviable position in the market and deals with high quality transactional work for commercial clients, investors and developers. Their work involves planning, environmental law and regulatory services
The main focus of the Commercial Property Paralegal will be to work alongside skilled fee earners in the commercial property team and manage your own caseload of lower value matters with the support at hand, as and when you require. The Commercial Property Paralegal will also be assisting the skilled fee earners with their more complex and senior transactions.
- Running basic commercial property transactions with supervision as required
- Dealing with the processes of ‘exchange’ and ‘completion’ together with post-completion work, registrations and completing on-line SDLT forms
- Running plot sales transactions, with supervision as required including chain chasing
- Liaising with clients and the other side’s solicitors; giving advice/updates and building a rapport
- Providing general assistance with property searches and investigation on title
- Assisting with the financial control of matters
- Providing administrative support to the fee earners in the team (research, photocopying, proof reading)
- Achieving a target of 1000 hours of chargeable work per year as well as two hours of non-chargeable activity per day (or pro-rated if part-time)
- At least two year’s previous legal work experience in Commercial Property work
- Proven experience delivering excellent client care skills
- Desirable, but not essential, have some knowledge or experience of residential conveyancing background
- Qualified to Degree level
- Ideally LPC qualified (although a bright and keen A’ Level student with the appropriate Property experience would also be considered)
- Solid IT skills with a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook including good keyboarding skills, as you will be self-sufficient
- Good numeracy skills in order to deal accurately with account balances
- A confident and pleasant telephone manner, able to demonstrate assertiveness where necessary
- Good analytical and communication skills
- The ability to work well under pressure, with a robust and resilient attitude in order to deal effectively with challenging clients
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to work as part of a team, and support all its members
- A committed, keen and hardworking attitude
- The desire to learn and develop your skills and expertise
- A good eye for detail, presentation and overall high work standards
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or other opportunities in the market then contact Matthew Heard at email@example.com or call for a confidential discussion on 020 8464 2565
LR Legal is a specialist legal recruitment agency, our enviable reputation is based on trust, integrity and doing what is right for you. We will always talk to you about your application and ask permission before sending your CV to any of our Clients.
Our Consultants have the latest market knowledge at their fingertips and can offer advice and guidance on your next career move – just call us about this role or to see if we have other suitable vacancies for you.
The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE.
LR Legal Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.