Commercial Senior Associate – 8+ years PQE
From £60 000
A leading, innovative Legal 500 law firm is looking for a Commercial Solicitor to join their dynamic team at Senior Associate level.
The Senior Associate would be asked to work with the team on:
- High level matters which require particular level of expertise and bring their experience to the team;
- Run caseloads and work with the team to ensure work is carried out at the correct levels;
- Assist with management of the financial performance of the team (where needed);
- Help develop and create propositions for clients, including those in the technology sector and general commercial support;
- Work with the Partners in the team on how work is scoped, priced and allocated within the team;
- Lead business development initiatives in accordance with the Firm’s strategy.
Key roles & responsibilities will include:
- Dealing with a wide range of commercial work to involve drafting, reviewing and negotiating trading agreements, together with supply, purchase and manufacturing agreements including joint ventures and outsourcing
- Providing advice on IT agreements, licences and SLA’s both for developers and purchasers
- Advising in connection with e-trading issues and online service solutions
- Advise on matters relating to data protection, particularly supporting the Firm’s initiatives on the incoming GDPRs
Do you have?
- 8+ years post qualification experience
- Experience of IT / software and technology contracts
- General commercial contract experience, including negotiations
- An understanding of protecting Intellectual Property Rights and data protection issues
- Experience working with both companies directly, as well as in-house counsel
- Experience with advising on technical online platforms and SaaS / Cloud computing arrangements
- Experience of working with banking or financial services, desirable but not totally essential
- Procurement / outsourcing contracts
- Commercial awareness
- A developing affinity with marketing and business development
About the team:
The commercial team combines business understanding with exceptional technical know-how to help clients achieve their business objectives. We provide business-ready commercial advice to in-house lawyers, their commercial colleagues as well as to owners and managers of businesses.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or other opportunities in the market then contact Francesca Butcher at email@example.com or call for a confidential discussion on 020 3771 9647.
LR Legal is a specialist legal recruitment agency, our enviable reputation is based on trust, integrity and doing what is right for you. We will always talk to you about your application and ask permission before sending your CV to any of our Clients.
Our Consultants have the latest market knowledge at their fingertips and can offer advice and guidance on your next career move – just call us about this role or to see if we have other suitable vacancies for you.
The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE.
LR Legal Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy