Paralegal/Litigation Assistant – Employers’/Public Liability
Our client is a global law firm who have 10 offices in the UK, with the core of their business providing defendant claims legal services for insurers and reinsurers, corporates, healthcare providers, public sector bodies and other organisations. Their Healthcare team advises the NHS Resolution, NHS Trusts and medical malpractice insurers of private hospitals and clinics on clinical negligence and personal injury claims. The Healthcare team are now looking for a Litigation Assistant/Paralegal to join their office in London to assist with EL/PL matters.
What is the role
As a Litigation Assistant/Paralegal you will be running your own caseload on a wide range of EL/PL claims, which will be mainly of low to medium value. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly reputable team who are ranked in the top tier for Defendant Clinical Negligence in both Chamber and Legal 500of this small but ambitious team, your role is to focus on finding the right legal solution for the firm’s clients. The team currently consists of the Partner, Paralegal and Trainee Solicitor. Client retention and satisfaction is what drives the firm forward and has helped to forge their reputation.
What you will need?
- Strong Academics (2:1 or higher degree) or equivalent
- 1-2 years paralegal experience in defending employers’ and public liability claims (although claimant experience will also be considered)
- Ability to run own caseload
- Ability to give and take instruction
- Strong technical and research skills
- Experience of working with NHS Resolution
- Experience of a diary system/case management
- Strong Negotiator