Family Legal Secretary (12-month maternity cover contract)
£26,000 - £30,000
Our client is a law firm who have been established since 1921 and have an extensive network of seven offices, providing legal services to South West London, Surrey and Middlesex. As a firm they believe that their commitment to quality, customer service and ensuring they recruit the best people make them stand out from the rest of their peers. The firm is now looking to recruit an experienced Legal Secretary to join their family department to cover a 12-month maternity contract, with a start date of January 2019.
What is the role
You will be reporting directly to the Managing Partner, who works in the busy family department. As a firm, their family department covers divorce and separation, finance, pension and property arrangements, cohabitation, children (childcare, residence and contact), mediation, pre and post-nuptial agreements and domestic abuse.
Main responsibilities for this role are:
- Managing all new client documentation and the administration of opening and closing files
- Typing up dictation as well as editing, proofing and formatting documents
- Preparing client invoices and managing banking slips
- Assisting clients with updates when Managing Partner is not available
- Processing incoming and outgoing email, mail etc
- Managing a busy work calendar
- Ensure compliance with professional standards and the firm’s policies in general
What you will need?
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a Legal Secretary in family law - essential
- Knowledge of Proclaim - desirable
- Competence in Microsoft Office products and accounting software programmes
- Calm, confident manner to handle potentially uncomfortable conversations
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or other opportunities in the market then contact Matthew Heard at firstname.lastname@example.org or call for a confidential discussion on 02084642565 (office hours) or 07887523228 (out of office hours).
LR Legal is a specialist legal recruitment agency with a reputation based on trust and integrity. We will always ask your permission before sending your CV to any of our Clients.
The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE.
LR Legal Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.