Housing Paralegal( in house) London/Hertfordshire borders £25k - £30k
Our client is currently and in-house company which advises Landlords exclusively with regards to residential possession.
- To provide telephone advice to clients on Landlord and Tenant housing matters
- Review client application forms and documentation and chase for outstanding paperwork from clients and give advice based on case information received
- Drafting of eviction notices (s8, s21, Notice to Quit), Tenancy Agreements and Terms of Business
- Drafting, filing and serving claim forms for possession
- Liaising with clients, letting agents and courts including statement taking
- Instructing and briefing Advocates and Counsel
- Liaising with clients post possession with regards to debt collection
- Issuing debt collection proceedings
- To ensure all Company procedures are followed and any areas of concern notified to the Operations Manager (Legal)
- When required, to act as a source of knowledge on technical issues regarding Landlord and Tenant issues
- The Job Holder will also be required to learn about other aspects of Alternative Dispute Resolution as required
- The Job Holder will undertake other reasonable duties as requested by the Operations Manager (Legal).
- Ensure that all Company security procedures, as detailed in the Personal Information Security Policy, are followed and any areas of concern are notified to the your Department Manager
- 1-2 years experience in Housing work with a possession bias
- Considerable experience within a Landlord and Tenant Law environment including CPR Part 55 is essential
- A degree in law and appropriate legal background is is essential
- A high level of English language skills with a proven ability to communicate clearly, concisely and grammatically, in writing as well as verbally, is essential
- Must have an excellent attention to detail to ensure that high standards of quality are consistently maintained
- Must have the ability to work within a team environment so that effective working relationships are maintained
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or other opportunities in the market then contact Leilani Reader at email@example.com or call for a confidential discussion on 02084642511 (office hours) or 07974429861 (out of office hours).
LR Legal is a specialist legal recruitment agency, our enviable reputation is based on trust, integrity and doing what is right for you. We will always talk to you about your application and ask permission before sending your CV to any of our Clients.
Our Consultants have the latest market knowledge at their fingertips and can offer advice and guidance on your next career move – just call us about this role or to see if we have other suitable vacancies for you.
The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE.
LR Legal Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.