In House Legal and Contracts Manager
up to £55k
2-3 years PQE Commercial Solicitor
- To implement and operate an effective procurement and contract management function for OUR CLIENT.
- To provide management and oversight of OUR CLIENT’s legal affairs.
- To identify, control and report on all material commercial and legal risks.
- The role will report to the Head of Regulation, providing direct support to the Senior Management Team.
- OUR CLIENT procurement and contract management framework. Establish and operate a framework, including effective administration of contracts, management of change and the provision of contractual templates and tool kits. This may also include the maintenance of a contract register and a plan of OUR CLIENT’s procurement activity.
- OUR CLIENT disputes process. Implement and operate a robust process for handling contractual and legal disputes with external parties.
- Legal and contractual risk management. Identify, control and report on all material legal and commercial risks and issues to the OUR CLIENT Board and senior management.
- Commercial assurance. Review of OUR CLIENT’s range of contracts, to ensure OUR CLIENT is maximising the value gained through its relationships with service providers and customers.
- External legal partners. Manage the interface with OUR CLIENT’s external legal partners, including the drafting and/or supporting the drafting of legal briefs.
- Development of regulation. Working with the Regulation Team, support the development of regulatory change at an industry level, where legal and/or commercial expertise is required.
- Advice and support. Provide advice and support to OUR CLIENT colleagues relating to commercial and legal matters, as required.
- Drafting review. Review of legal and contractual drafting, as required by OUR CLIENT and industry.
- Project work. Lead and support (as required) both internal and industry projects, providing commercial and legal guidance, supporting the achievement of each project’s objectives.
- Policies and guidance materials. Produce and maintain OUR CLIENT policies, procedures, guidance documents and training materials relating to commercial and legal affairs.
- For contract management of individual projects, the role will be directly accountable to the Director for that contract.
- While the role does not come with any direct line management responsibilities, indirect management of colleagues in other departments will be required in order to ensure policies and frameworks are adhered to.
- The role may be required to perform any other reasonable duties as directed by line management.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following:
- 2-4 years’ experience in commercial law, contract management and/or procurement, including experience of:
- identifying and managing contractual and legal risks;
- contract management and procurement functions within organisations; and
- managing legal and/or contractual disputes.
- The candidate is either a
- qualified solicitor with at least 2 years PQE; or
- CIPS qualified and/or equivalent degree/diploma in a relevant subject.
- Specialises (or has a desire to specialise) in contract law and regulation.
- An interest in a wide ranging role and taking advantage of opportunities to develop skills in new areas.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with colleagues and external parties.
- A willingness to challenge the status quo and lobby for positive change.
- Knowledge of English contract law and procurement regulations.
- Strongly analytical, with well-developed problem solving skills and proficient with MS Office.
- A good organiser with a natural ability to plan and organise in order to achieve objectives and targets.
- Well-developed negotiating skills, applied in a supplier/contract environment.
- Experience of regulated industries.
- Knowledge of utilities, construction or similar markets, particularly gas and electricity.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement practices and processes.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or other opportunities in the market then contact Leilani Reader at email@example.com or call for a confidential discussion on 02084642511 (office hours) or 07974429861 (out of office hours).
LR Legal is a specialist legal recruitment agency, our enviable reputation is based on trust, integrity and doing what is right for you. We will always talk to you about your application and ask permission before sending your CV to any of our Clients.
Our Consultants have the latest market knowledge at their fingertips and can offer advice and guidance on your next career move – just call us about this role or to see if we have other suitable vacancies for you.
The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE.
LR Legal Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.