Probate Legal Secretary
£23,000 - £27,000
Our client is a leading law firm who have three offices in Surrey, and due to an increased demand, an office in Central London. They currently have over 100 members of staff, which includes 15 Partners and 37 Solicitors. Their goal is to be recognised as a distinguished and highly trusted legal services firm, respected for the exceptional quality of their work and the calibre of their people. Their work for individuals includes market-leading services in wills and probate and in family/divorce. It is in the probate department that the firm in now looking to recruit an experienced Legal Secretary, due to the reshuffling of a member of staff.
What is the role
As a key member of this small but ambitious team, your role is to provide direct secretarial support to the department. The team currently consists of four members of staff, two fee earners and two legal secretaries.
Main responsibilities for this role are:
- Opening and closing files in accordance with the requirements of Lexcel
- To prepare post and enclosures for despatch
- To arrange for all copying to be done, in person, if the designated person is not available to undertake the task
- Accurate, efficient diary management
- Co-ordination/planning of appointments
- To attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm's standards for client care
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm's and client's documentation and information
What you will need?
- Legal Secretary with experience in Probate
- Fast and accurate typing speed, copy and audio
- Strong IT and organisational skills
- Flexibility and strong communication skills are essential
- Professional and hard-working
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or other opportunities in the market then contact Matthew Heard at email@example.com or call for a confidential discussion on 02084642565 (office hours) or 07887523228 (out of office hours).
LR Legal is a specialist legal recruitment agency with a reputation based on trust and integrity. We will always ask your permission before sending your CV to any of our Clients.
The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE.
LR Legal Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.