- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days with service
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Staff discount scheme and childcare vouchers
- Health screening
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme)
- Private healthcare after qualifying period
- Occupational Health
£25,000 per annum
Our client is an award winning, established house builder constructing skilfully designed homes in the South East. They pride themselves on their reputation for outstanding quality backed with exceptional customer service. They achieve this through employing excellent individuals who are committed to delivering a first-class product. Unlike other house builders, all of their non-building functions are in-house including: land buying, building, quantity surveying, engineering, architectural, interior design, legal plus all aspects of marketing, sales and customer care. The firm is now looking to boost its Property department with a Legal PA.
What is the role
As a key member of this team, your role is to provide full secretarial and administrative support to the Group Head of Legal, a Company Solicitor and a Conveyancing Executive.
Main responsibilities for this role are:
- Audio and copy typing
- Provides full general and legal secretarial service including prioritising workload and receiving instructions from Group Head of Legal and Company Solicitor via email, digital dictation (BigHand) and verbally and carrying out instructions
- Assists solicitors by dealing with exchanges and completions relating to affordable housing transactions
- Prepares Land Registry applications and supporting Land Registry forms and submits these via the Land Registry online portal
- Assists solicitors by dealing with exchanges and completions on land matters including deeds of grant, transfers of land and deeds of variation
- Carry out Land Registry searches including SIM, OS1, OS2 and bankruptcy
- Prepares SDLT1 forms, submits the same via the Government Gateway online portal, receives SDLT5 by return and arranges payment of SDLT
- Collates, photocopies, scans and saves to online filing system large documents including leases, plans, reports and agreements
- Maintains departmental records relating to holidays and absence using Company HR system
- Maintains and manages departmental subscriptions and booking of training courses
- Records and distributes minutes of quarterly departmental meetings
- Books meetings, meeting rooms, lunches
What you will need?
- Previous Legal Secretary experience working in Property
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to liaise and communicate with internal and external customers/clients at all levels
- Highly organised
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to exercise discretion
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or other opportunities in the market then contact Matthew Heard at email@example.com or call for a confidential discussion on 02084642565 (office hours) or 07887523228 (out of office hours).
LR Legal is a specialist legal recruitment agency with a reputation based on trust and integrity. We will always ask your permission before sending your CV to any of our Clients.
The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE.
LR Legal Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.