A multi-sited law firm is looking for a Trusts and Tax Administration Assistant to join their busy and strong Private Client department, based in their West Sussex office. The department presently consists of 7 solicitors/fee earners. The team deals with all aspects of Private Client matters including wills, lasting powers of attorney, trusts, deputyship, wills and tax planning and compliance. The successful candidate will be working directly under the supervision of the Trust and Tax Manager and will be reporting to Head of Private Client.
- Deal with day to day trust administration matters liaising with trustees and beneficiaries as to routine payments out and payment of third party invoices.
- Record keeping, including file opening and closing internal procedures using a case management system.
- Preparation of straight forward trust accounts using Microsoft Excel.
- Attending trust and other client meetings with the Trust and Tax Manager and preparing attendance notes.
- Deputising for the Trust and Tax Manager on routine matters
- Routine preparation of Personal and Trust Tax Returns, via an accountancy programme, including drafting covering letters to clients enclosing the Tax Returns for review and signature.
- Arranging tax payments to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) where client funds are held on client account.
- Gathering and assembling tax information regarding deceased clients to the date of their death and the administration period of their Estate, for reporting to HMRC and Beneficiaries.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Pro-active organisational skills.
- Attention to detail and an investigative nature.
- Background knowledge of financial services.
- IT literacy (in-house training will be given on the software packages used).
- Willingness to expand knowledge of Trusts and Personal Tax, for which in-house training will be provided
- Previous exposure to work within a Legal/Accountancy environment would be an advantage when applying for the role.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or other opportunities in the market then contact Matthew Heard at email@example.com or call for a confidential discussion on 020 8464 2565
LR Legal is a specialist legal recruitment agency, our enviable reputation is based on trust, integrity and doing what is right for you. We will always talk to you about your application and ask permission before sending your CV to any of our Clients.
Our Consultants have the latest market knowledge at their fingertips and can offer advice and guidance on your next career move – just call us about this role or to see if we have other suitable vacancies for you.
The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE.
LR Legal Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.