Tax and Trusts Solicitor
5 years+ PQE
£75k plus bonus and benefits
My client is a strong Commercial practice with a well-respected Private Client team of 15 fee earners who make up the firm’s largest department, rated in the Legal 500 and led by Chambers ‘Leading Individual’ as the Partner. The firm is now looking to add to its team with a Tax and Trust Specialist.
What is the role?
This role will focus on advising the firm’s High Net Worth clients and the work that this entails, which will include the preparation of wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney, as well as providing tax and estate planning advice. It will also involve the ongoing Administration of Trusts, with support from within in the team. The right person must be capable of providing a full advisory service on different Trust structures and the tax implications that flow from that advice.
- Deal effectively with a full caseload of Trust Administration and advice on lifetime tax planning using different Trust structures.
- Knowledgeable in the areas of Inheritance and Capital Gains Tax advice and as well as experience in completing Tax Returns for Trustees using an online package (such as Thomson Reuter Digita) and also dealing with the new Trust Registration formalities with HMRC.
- Assist in developing the work in this area and supporting colleagues who carry out the administration of estates in terms of taking on the Trust work which flows from those estates and implementing or bringing to an end NRB Discretionary Will Trusts.
What do you need?
- 7+ years PQE
- Must have significant experience in the areas of private client law noted above
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High quality educational and technical background
- Self-motivated, self-confident and able to work with minimum supervision
- Able to relate to clients at all levels and demonstrate excellent levels of client care
- Good team player with collegial and collaborative approach
- Able to forge and develop business relationships with an enthusiasm for networking and business development
- Commercial acumen and appreciation of financial fundamentals
- Genuine desire to be involved in the future growth plans for the firm
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or other opportunities in the market then contact Leilani Reader at email@example.com or call for a confidential discussion on 02084642511 (office hours) or 07974429861 (out of office hours).
LR Legal is a specialist legal recruitment agency with a reputation based on trust and integrity. We will always ask your permission before sending your CV to any of our Clients. The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE.LR Legal Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.